noun: life hack
a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one’s time and daily activities in a more efficient way.
- Pack your gym bag the night before. Give yourself absolutely no excuses.
- Take 2 hours on a Sunday and cook all food for the week. Save 5+ hours & $.
- If you aren’t feeling “exercise”, change your clothes and just give it 5 minutes.
- Use a smaller plate, smaller bowls, smaller utensils. Reverse Supersize.
- The act of our face creating a smile can significantly improve mood.
- The less you eat sweets, the less you’ll crave them.
- Invest in a good water bottle. You’ll be more likely to use it!
- Grow an herb garden in your kitchen – save money and always have herbs!
- If you are confused about what to eat – 1 tip: avoid processed foods.
- When at a computer: look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 min.
- Use sunscreen every single day. Put it on when you get out of the shower.
- Put a bowl with your vitamins or pills next to the coffee pot. You’ll remember.
- Invest in a slow cooker – saves tons of time and dirties just one pot!
- Want to ease into exercise? Try doing 10 push ups and 10 jumping jacks each am
- Drink coffee black. Cheaper, less calories, more health benefits.
- For healthier eating: make each meal 50% veggies… and eat them first.
- Trade soda for seltzer. Make your own at home with a SodaStream – save money.
- Stretch or do yoga for 10 minute before going to sleep.
- Start a CSA box subscription. Veggies at your door, save money, help farmers.
- State your purpose or goals at the start of every day. Every day.
- Put a paper towel in a the container/bowl/bag with fresh greens in the fridge.
- Get the most juice from lemons by microwaving for 30 seconds.
- Don’t be afraid to order what you really want/need at restaurants. No one cares.
- When feeling overwhelmed by something, break it up into smaller goals.
- If feeling chaotic or depressed, try organizing and deep cleaning your space.
- Recipe for relaxation: inhale for 3 seconds, hold for 7 seconds, exhale for 8
- If you are going for a run, the app Jog.fm will select music based on your pace.
- Can’t brush after a meal? Gargle with salt water.
- Itchy mosquito bites? A little salt and a little water do the trick. –My grandma
- Want to burn fat faster? A cup of black coffee before exercise can help.
- Always exercise on Mondays and start the week out on the right foot.
- When you feel like you need something but can’t figure out what… drink water.
- Avocados boost serotonin levels… they are also a good fat that brings satiety.
- Replace the butter in almost every recipe with coconut oil – healthy & dairy free.
- Women who walk an hour a day reduce their breast cancer risk by 14%
- Peppermint stimulates brain activity and helps you concentrate better.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit to water to make it more appealing.